- Honorary Doctor of Letters, Gonzaga University (2016)
- Post-Graduate coursework in Educational Psychology at University of Missouri-Kansas City (2000)
- Masters of Fine Arts at Eastern Washington University (1985)
- Graduate coursework in English and Semiotics at the University of Washington (1980 – 81)
- Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy and English at Gonzaga University (1980)
As some readers have noted, Michael’s career has not exactly followed the expected path of his completed degrees. Some of his personal story appears at the beginning of some of his books, such as THE WONDER OF BOYS and THE MINDS OF BOYS.
Michael Gurian is a member of:
• American Counselors Association
• International Association of Marriage and Family Counselors
• Washington Professional Counselors Association.